How Commenting on Social Media Can Help You Sell More eBooks
If you want to sell more eBooks you must find your audience and then engage them in a number of ways to you increase your visibility. One such way to connect is being active in commenting on social media channels where your target audience hangs out.
Here’s How Commenting on Social Media Can Help You Engage More Readers:
- Increase your visibility and establish yourself as a person of interest worth following.
- You get to connect with influencers for your genre or category.
- You build a relationship with the blogger through positive commenting.
- Adding additional assistance and views will add value to that blogger’s posts.
- Other viewers will want seek more information about you.
- Build your author platform!
- You are ‘networking’ and making yourself stand-out in a busy world.
So How Should You Comment?
- Engage in conversation as if that person in front of you.
- Be polite and respectful.
- Strive to establish yourself as an expert through informative posts.
- Add value and insight.
- Offer assistance by ‘giving first’.
- Build your reputation as a person who is passionate about your topic.
- Stick to the topic that is of interest to all other viewers.
- Don’t try to directly sell.
- Don’t take it too personally when someone disagrees with you.
- Report individuals who are ruining the conversation.
- Remove yourself from the conversation if it turns into an online personal attack.
- Engage others to make it a two-way communication.
- Keep your comments brief and to the point.
- Respond in a timely manner.
What You Should Not Do When Commenting on Social Media
- Attack others.
- Try to be too controversial.
- Engage in arguments or get into personal confrontations with other viewers.
- Try to initiate or spark controversy.
- Engage in spam or directly trying to advertise.
So What Return Can You Expect from Commenting?
Your return on investment (your time and effort) cannot always be measured in direct sales. It takes time to become known as a reputable and stand-out author in your specific genre.
Despite what some so-called experts will tell you, eBook marketing and building your author platform takes time. Commenting on posts is just one component of your eBook marketing strategy in trying to connect and engage your target audience.
Your Next Step?
Identify the top ten most influential people on social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) or bloggers for your eBook’s category and then go and start following them. Slowly work your way into the conversations that are taking place. Prioritise your time to those people who can provide you with the greatest return – increased visibility to your target audience!