Self-publishing is Booming in the UK
I recently came across an article in The Guardian about how self-publishing in the UK has exploded with 18m self-published titles being bought by readers in 2013. This is despite the news that print sales’ continued to decline.
You can read the entire article at The Guardian
- Self-published books’ share of the UK market grew by 79% in 2013.
- 18m self-published books bought by UK readers last year.
- With print sales fell by 10% last year.
- Book purchasing as a whole down 4%.
- eBook sales continued to grow.
- 80m eBooks bought by UK consumers, to a value of £300m.
- Self-publishing is growing in popularity as a choice for authors.
- The fastest-growing genres in self-publishing were thrillers and .fantasy titles.
- Self-published eBooks tend to be bought by women.