About the USA TODAY’s Best-Selling Books list
Each week, USA TODAY collects sales data from booksellers representing a variety of outlets: bookstore chains, independent bookstores, mass merchandisers and online retailers. Using that data, they determine the week’s 150 top-selling titles.
The first 50 are published in the print version of USA TODAY each Thursday. The top 150 are published online. The rankings reflect sales from the previous Monday through Sunday.
USA TODAY’s Best Selling Books list is a ranking of titles selling well each week at a broad range of retail outlets. It reflects combined sales of titles in print and electronic format, if available.
For example, if Jane Austen’s Pride and Prejudice sells copies in hardcover, paperback and eBook during a particular week, sales from each format are combined to determine its rank. The description of a title and the publisher name refers to the version selling the most copies in a particular week – hardcover (H), paperback (P) and eBook (E).
- Amazon.com, Amazon Kindle
- Barnes & Noble.com, Barnes & Noble Inc., Barnes & Noble e-books
- BooksAMillion.com, Books-A-Million
- Bookland and Books & Co.
- Hudson Booksellers
- Joseph-Beth Booksellers (Lexington, Ky.; Cincinnati, Charlotte, Cleveland, Pittsburgh)
- Kobo, Inc.
- Powell’s Books (Portland, Ore.), Powells.com
- R.J. Julia Booksellers (Madison, Conn.)
- Schuler Books & Music (Grand Rapids, Okemos, Eastwood, Alpine, Mich.)
- Sony Reader Store
- Tattered Cover Book Store (Denver)